portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index portrait-sculpture.com
A site provided for professional portrait and figurative sculptors, as well as serious students

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register(DISABLED)Register(DISABLED) 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/6th Scale Head Sculpts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Minchinton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: 1/6th Scale Head Sculpts Reply with quote

I thought this might be of interest to look at over a coffee or two... the level of skill and execution in the production of these 'super' 1/6th scale models is impressive. A level of detail way beyond the Marx Toys and Action Man / GI Joe I knew as a kid in the 60's.

I know there are some on this forum who work at this scale and you have my admiration and jealousy of good eyesight in equal measures!javascript:emoticon('Laughing')

It's interesting to read that one of the companies producing these had problems with their own factory selling counterfeit copies elsewhere. That's a recurring problem with producing a quality item - as some on this forum will know only too well.

Anyway, enjoy....

http://blog.naver.com/kojun0422/140066120258

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=24923

Best wishes to all for the forthcoming break, may it be a peaceful one leading to an enjoyable 2012.
Paula Slater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job sculpting these tiny portrait pieces. The faces are beautifully sculpted as well as painted so realistically. I admire all kinds of sculpting and this certainly is a high degree of portrait rendering. Thanks, Phil, for the links, they were so fun to see!

Love, Light and Happy Holidays to all Very Happy
Paula
Tamara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very difficult to get all that detail on those tiny heads and hands! I noticed he had fabric for the rest of the body, so that helped to offset all the time it would have taken to sculpt that and makes these no doubt less expensive to sell.

Thanks for sharing the link!
Jeanette Lewis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,
this is a scale I have worked in for a while and after seeing them may just give it up! - not really - they were inspiring.
The glass eyes must be sooo tiny!
Thanks for sharing.
jeanette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: