portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index portrait-sculpture.com
A site provided for professional portrait and figurative sculptors, as well as serious students

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Register(DISABLED)Register(DISABLED) 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcing a new podcast, just for figurative sculptors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Arkles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Announcing a new podcast, just for figurative sculptors. Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My name is Jason Arkles and I live and work in Florence. I studied here at the Charles H. Cecil studio back in the 90's and tried to leave this place several times, and failed each time.

There's a reason I am joining this forum, and a few others around the internets... I need to expand my circle of sculptor friends and acquaintances, and also broaden my knowledge of areas of sculpture I don't know much about. I am the host of a new podcast dedicated to figurative sculpture and sculptors, past and present, called The Sculptor's Funeral. The episodes are a mix of shop talk, art history, interviews, and listener mail. but I don't know everything and everyone, and could really use some advice and input from other sculptors as to what I should be talking about, who I should talk with, etc. etc. Basically, if you were to listen to a podcast about sculpture, what would you want it to be like? who would you like me to interview?

Anyway, I have been dreaming of doing something like this for a while now. I Lecture regularly at several different institutions around town (the art history podcasts will be my strong suit) and people have been asking for something like this from me for a while. It's a daunting proposition, but i think that if my listeners view the thing as a collective effort, or even a sort of audio forum, it will be very successful.

So the first two episodes are up already, give a listen if you have time and don't hesitate to tell me what you liked or didn't, and how you think I can do this better.
ways you can listen:
www.thesculptorsfuneral.com
iTunes:[url] https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/thesculptorsfunerals-podcast/id926121052?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D4[/url]
You can also hear it on the Stitcher Mobile App.
(Heidi suggested I post this over at the internet cafe' section too, so sorry if you see this posting twice.)

Thanks! And pleased to meet you!
Jason Arkles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    portrait-sculpture.com Forum Index -> Internet Cafe All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: